This course has been designed for anyone who needs to know how to care for someone in an anaphylactic emergency and administer the appropriate first aid. You will gain an understanding of this condition and have the opportunity to use the three Adrenalin Auto Injectors currently available; Epipen, Emerade and Jext.
Some of our online and classroom courses also include Anaphylaxis training and in some cases this course can be integrated with another course and dual certified by ProTrainings.
Please see the curriculum below for the full course content.
Occupations That Use This Course
- First Aiders
- Medical professionals
- Course Introduction and Anaphylaxis
- What is Anaphylaxis
- Living with Anaphylaxis
- Minor allergic reactions
- What causes a reaction and who is affected
- Activating EMS
- Auto Injector Types, Storage and Disposal
- What is an Auto-Injector
- Storage and disposal
- Who prescribes auto injectors
- Checking auto injectors and expiry dates
- Signs, Symptoms and Treatment
- Signs and symptoms of Anaphylaxis
- Basic First Aid advice
- Schools and teachers
- Biphasic Anaphylactic Reactions
- Giving a second dose